Supervising Social Worker (South East)
People Who Foster is a family run Independent Fostering Agency. We are proud to have been awarded a `Good` rating from OFSTED after our first inspection.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supervising Social Worker based within our Fostering Agency in the South East. This position is a permanent role, and you will be responsible for the assessment, supervision and support of foster carers based in Kent London and Essex. The successful candidate will be part of our unique, expanding organisation which helps children and young people feel more confident about their future.
The post for a Qualified Social Worker is permanent, full time (35 hours). We offer a competitive Salary from £28,000 - £34,000 per annum along with a generous annual leave allowance and pension scheme.
These are exciting times as People Who Foster continues to expand and develop its Fostering Services and we are looking for someone to join our dynamic team. We have a strong commitment to staff development and there will be plenty of opportunities for internal and external training.
People Who Foster is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, legislation, and best practice guidelines.
- Provide support and supervise a small group of carers.
- Provide high quality services to the children and young people placed with People Who Foster helping children and young people to feel more confident about their future.
- Ensure an excellent quality service that promotes positive outcomes for looked after children.
- Be responsible for timely Form F Assessments and other relevant assessments and reports.
- Promote the company and ensure professional standards are always adhered to.
Experience & Skills
- Previous social work experience, preferably in Children’s Services
- Full working knowledge of current statutory and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of fostering, services for children and young people and of childcare legislation.
- Full UK Driving License and use of own car.
- Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with carers, children, families, and colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team.
- Ability to build relationships and promote change.
- Computer skills and knowledge (MS Office 365) including report and assessment writing skills.
- Commitment to continued professional and personal development.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity
- Professional Registration with Social Work England and eligible to work in the UK
- A social work qualification; Social Work degree, CQSW, DIPSW or equivalent.